Sunday, October 24, 2010

Black Pepper-Fennel Breadsticks



What a great week! Here's what happened:

Thursday: Received my "Everyday with Rachael Ray" mag in the mail. Score!
Friday: Received my "Cooking Light: Holiday Double Issue" in the mail. Super score!
Saturday: Received my "Food Network" magazine in the mail. I am in heaven.

Since I had made a vat of pumpkin soup on Thursday, I decided to whip up Rachael Ray's breadsticks on Friday morning. They are really easy to make, and I've been dying to try these fennel seeds I bought at Penzey's (a.k.a. the best spice shop on earth). The breadsticks were tasty, though I'm not the biggest fan of fennel. Next time, I will make them with fresh rosemary instead. The thing about these breadsticks, is that they really should be made and eaten immediately. The following day, the sticks had lost their crunch, and had a hybrid crunchy/soggy texture. Blah. Anyway, I might make them for Turkey Day, but I need to figure out how I can do it without them tasting old... Any ideas for me?

Oh, and also, Rachael Ray doesn't post her recipes to the magazine website until the actual month of the magazine. So, I got November last week, but she won't post the recipe until it actually becomes November (how dare she). So, when it is posted, I will put it on the blog. I just can't bring myself to type it out. But... you should come for Thanksgiving, so you can try these bad boys. They were a nice soup addition. Gotta love a good breadstick.

R


No comments:

Post a Comment