Make these. They are a great addition to your weeknight repertoire! 3.5 Bowls!
Adapted from Rachael Ray
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups presliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 Chipotle Chili, plus 1 tsp of adobo sauce (use a can!)
- 1.5 pounds of ground turkey (or chicken or beef)
- 1 red pepper
- 3 heaping tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- MOST of 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce (Probably about 3/4 of the can)
- 5 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns - OR try rice, baked taters, or another grain!)
1. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; cover and cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove onions from the pan.
2. Remove 1 chipotle chile from can; chop and set aside. Reserve remaining chiles and adobo sauce for another use.
3. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add bell pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in chopped chipotle chile, adobo sauce, tomato paste, and next 3 ingredients (through tomato sauce); cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture over bottom half of each bun, and top evenly with onions and top half of bun.
3 cups of leftover rice
1tsp of Sesame Oil
1/3 cup Shallots
2 tsp of bottled minced ginger
2 tsp bottled minced garlic
1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp of soy sauce
1/4 cup of green onions
Saute shallots, garlic, and ginger in the sesame oil for a few minutes, or until shallots are soft. Add anyother veggies you want to include (frozen peas or broccoli, peppers, etc.). Add rice, and drizzle soy sauce over the rice. Heat through. Add green onions and stir to blend.