Make this. It's a great "Sick Soup." 5 Bowls!
Roasted Vegetable-Rosemary Chicken Soup
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed carrot
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces celery
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini pasta
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; drizzle with oil, and toss well to coat. Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan lined with foil. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Combine water and next 5 ingredients (through chicken) in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add roasted vegetables; simmer 30 minutes. Bring soup to a boil. Add pasta; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 17.9g
- Carbohydrate: 15.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 450mg
- Calcium: 45mg
Cooking Light JANUARY 2006