Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars



Peanut butter and jelly is obviously one of the most amazing flavor combinations... Ever. I have been looking for a "bar" recipe, to satisfy Maya's desperate need for a daily bar. I am always creating things, and Maya usually loves them, for a short time, and then loses interest. The search continues... I found this one on a blog called www.visionsofsugarplum.com. The author of the blog created/adapted this recipe, and it looked and sounded absolutely divine - not to mention, relatively healthy. I made it with whole wheat ingredients and natural ingredients, and it came out delicious. They are sort of like peanut butter sandwich cookies, with grape jelly in the middle. They have a great flavor and texture. They aren't quite as neat and compact as Maya's usual, Nutri-Grain type of bar, but that's okay. She really liked them, and so did I. Good thing, since I have 23 more, sitting in the fridge.





I don't think I can post the recipe here, so you'll have to click the link above, if you want to get in on the action. Try these. They are quite a delicious snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment