Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thai Root Vegetable Curry

I swear, after I post this review, I will stop making curries for a while. Seriously.

This is another vegan Isa recipe (from Appetite for Reduction), and I loved it. Kevin thought it was so-so. It is actually a really cool recipe - I mean, who would have thought to roast brussels sprouts, butternut squash, turnips, and parsnips, for a curry?! Well, I loved the flavors in this one, but I think it was a bit strong for the rest of the family. Basically, I don't think my family loves Isa's curry recipes, because they are really high in flavor, but they don't have enough richness, because she cuts way down on the coconut milk. So, I don't think I'll be making this again, though I wish it was an option, because I really thought it tasted terrific. It was a green curry, which I've never made before, and the nutty sweetness of the roasted vegetables made it so tasty. I definitely had some problems with under-roasted parsnips and turnips, so I think I needed to make the chopped veggies a bit more uniform in size. Anyway, this post is a little "all over the place," but the moral of the story is - this was good. Really good, in my opinion. Maybe it's a little too "out there" for some, but I thought it was a winner...



I really wish I could post these recipes, but all I can say, is that you should really buy this book. She is brilliant, when it comes to blending amazing flavors, and doing it without destroying your kitchen, and killing your whole afternoon!

3 Bowls!

No comments:

Post a Comment