Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pizza Night!

Kevin is on call tonight, so I thought I'd try my hand at something "easy." We have made pizzas at home before, but today I decided to make my own whole wheat pizza dough, which I've never tried in the past (I usually buy it by the bag at the grocery store). I am so glad I made it myself, because it was much better than any of the dough I've purchased, and it was really easy to make early in the day, and use later on. I was even able to freeze a ball of dough for use later. Anyway, pizza is a hit in our house, because Kevin doesn't eat cheese, and I don't love meat, so I make individual roasted vegetable pizzas, and I put cheese on mine, and grilled chicken on Kevin's. I really liked these pizzas. I thought the dough rolled out nice and thin, and had a nice texture, and by baking them in the bottom of the oven at 500 degrees, the crust was crispy, but not overcooked. The vegetables roasted nicely, and you could barely see the dough underneath, for all the veggies on top. Even Maya liked it. She kept saying, "Put the chicken/bread/broccoli in my mouth - it's too sticky!" She didn't want to get messy hands, I guess. These were definitely fork and knife pizzas.

Kevin's Pizza: Grilled Chicken, broccoli, orange peppers, vidalia onions, mushrooms, and tomato sauce

Oh, and lots of roasted garlic.

Marji's Pizza: Most of the broccoli (I'm a broccoli hoarder, I admit it), peppers, onions, mushrooms, sauce, and CHEESE!!!

Our little pizzas at our little table.

Almost done eating, but a messy plate is a pretty plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment