Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia with White and Wild Rice Pilaf

I have never cooked fish. That's right - never. Honestly, I don't care for it, and would never have it if I didn't have to. Kevin has been requesting it lately, though, so I thought I'd take a stab at this citrus tilapia dish I found in Cooking Light. It was one of the easiest things I've made, and it truly took no time at all to prepare. Kevin didn't feel that the marinade penetrated the dish enough, but I followed the recipe exactly, and I'm not sure there was any way to change that. I personally think he should have used the Roasted Pepper Walnut Sauce from the night before, to liven up the flavor, but that's just me. He liked it - he just thought it was a little mild. I didn't try it. I wasn't interested, so I had a tofu repeat from the night before. The rice pilaf was tasty, but it was just one of those boring, basic, solid dishes you make on a weekly basis, because you have all the ingredients, and can throw in anything you have on hand. Nothing special. I am going to try my hand at fish again soon, but since I'm definitely not used to the flavor, texture, or cooking time of fish, I'm going to need to keep experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment