Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chicken Curry

This super speedy Chicken Curry recipe is great for a night when you want a home cooked meal in less than 30 minutes. When I see the word "curry" in the title of a recipe, I immediately assume that it will have a strong Indian flavor. This recipe is actually more like a nice, saucy, Chinese food. It calls for light coconut milk, which I had never used before, since Kevin doesn't eat dairy (I realize it's not dairy), and I figured the very sight of something creamy would send him over the edge. Well, this dish does not come out creamy at all. It's basically chunks of chicken breast, and strips of bell peppers, in a lovely, thick, red sauce, that is both sweet and spicy, and extremely flavorful. The blend of lime, chili paste, and curry makes for one of those delicious flavors that you make you say, "Hmmmmm... What's in this?" I served it over brown rice, with roasted broccoli (yes, a staple in our house). Unfortunately, I overcooked this chicken a little, so it wasn't my favorite dish, but I would love to try this again. As a side note, coconut milk can be very expensive at the grocery store. I found it at Trader Joes, for a whopping 99 cents a can. Score!





The critique
Yummy. Good flavor and I love peppers. The chicken was a bit overcooked but I would recommend trying this one again cooked at the right amount of time. It will be awesome. I can't wait for round 2.

4 bowls


No comments:

Post a Comment