Monday, August 9, 2010

Cooking Magazines...


Do you subscribe to any? I do. Let's see...

1. Rachael Ray
2. Food Network
3. Cooking Light
4. Saveur
5. Eating Well

The thing is, I really only (well, mostly) use recipes from CL and EW. Why? The recipes from the other 3 mags have absolutely, unequivocally, NO regard for healthy cooking. I am truly not interested in cooking with fake ingredients, like fat free cheese, low carb noodles, or fat free half and half. That being said, I am also not interested in cooking with a stick of butter per recipe, a pint of cream, or a pound of cheese. I find that Cooking Light and Eating Well fall somewhere in the middle. Shall we call this, "Normal Eating?" Please answer our poll. I am really curious. Do you pay attention to health, when you cook, eat, or read cooking magazines? Feel free to leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely try to take health in to account! I've found some good ones in Rachael Ray, but I am also not afraid to substitute lower fat milk for whole, or mixing in some skim. This usually results in foods that might look different or having an alternative texture in the end, but usually I don't miss too much (I think)!

    ReplyDelete