Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vanilla Buttermilk Pound Cakes

We are having a dinner guest tonight, so I decided a dessert was in order. These Vanilla Buttermilk Pound Cakes are a very simple recipe from Cooking Light. The recipe doesn't call for "a pound" of anything (i.e. butter), so it doesn't have that same incredibly moist center, but it does taste quite good, and it smells heavenly. It is supposed to make 6 mini loaves, but I adapted it to make 2 standard loaves, which may account for the slight dryness on the inside. I am going to serve it with fresh strawberries, for a light, summer dessert. Next time, I want to make this in a pan that makes pretty, mini bundt cakes. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a mini bundt cake pan!

This batter was very beautiful - something about the color made it drool-worthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment