Thursday, August 12, 2010

Weekend Food: Turkey Burgers, Pizza, and Corn

Pizza makes a nice lunch on a Saturday afternoon, when you are trying to thank your husband for taking out the kiddos and granting you a much needed nap time! Oh, and lookie here - we got a pizza cutter!


Kevin says there's something about picking up a slice of pizza (instead of cutting into it) that makes it so much better...

My frozen dough is getting used and loved! Roasted corn and chicken pizza is a weekend treat!

I am not so great at "entertaining" at the last minute (i.e. having dinner guests without much planning), but I decided to try my hand at a super casual dinner for my sister, Debbie, and brother-in-law, Dan, on Saturday night. They were driving through CT, and I invited them over for burgers and corn. This Oriental Turkey Burger recipe was a snap to put together, and besides turkey meat, I had all the ingredients in the fridge. I thought these burgers were quite good - they had a nice hoisin, sweet and spicy flavor, without being too salty or overpowering. My main problem with this recipe, is that I followed it exactly, and found that it is really a recipe for "sliders" (mini-burgers), and not full sized burgers. This is no big deal, except for the fact that I bought standard burger rolls, and the burgers looked pretty tiny perched on those full sized buns! So... it wasn't a pretty meal, per se, but it was tasty, and served with corn, it made a nice, easy, quick summer meal.

My corn-lovin' little lady.

Tiny burger, big bun. I took about 15 photos of these burgers, by the way, and not a single one is in focus!

Debbie and Dan, care to comment on our burgers?


The Critique
My wife is the man. Well not really. But she's the man when it comes to making cheese-free pizzas. I don't know how she does it, but these rock my world. I love this pizza as much as I love soup. She got the crust right and thus, it gets 5 bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment