Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pizza, Take Two, and Sweet Tater Bread

In honor of the arrival of Shane, my big sister's baby, I made 2 sweet potato breads earlier this week. I made these, on a whim, last Thanksgiving, and they were a big hit. The thing is, no one loved the bread like Nora. She has been talking about it for a year, and has been asking me to make it right after her baby arrived. My recipe makes 2 standard loaves, so I decided to make one for her freezer, and one for Shane's bris, on Sunday. I love this recipe, because it's very easy, and I have most of the ingredients in my pantry already. In the past, I've used canned sweet potatoes (the organic, no sugar added kind), but I couldn't find them, so I mashed my own this time. You can also use pumpkin in these loaves. I don't think pumpkin has as interesting a flavor, but I love sweet potatoes, so I'm biased, I suppose.




We also made pizza again on Monday, as per Kevin's request. I doubled the dough this time, so now I have some frozen for future pizza making. I think these came out better this time, because the crust was thin and crispy, and I used fresh basil in the sauce. I also slightly roasted the veggies first, so they were well cooked after 10 minutes in the oven, on top of the pizza. I love pizza. I think we're going to have a once a week pizza night...
Marji's roasted vegetable and parm pizza.

Kevin's roasted chicken and vegetable cheese-less pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment