Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hazelnut Bundt Cake

I cooked quite a bit yesterday (understatement of the week). My father-in-law was coming for dinner, so I decided to try some new things, in honor of his visit. I made this Hazelnut Bundt Cake (yup, it's from Cooking Light) on Friday afternoon (the recipe said it would stay nice and moist for at least 2 days after baking), because it looked easy, and I love a sweet smelling kitchen. I asked my mom if I could borrow her Bundt pan, and she graciously said, "Not only can you borrow it - you can have it!" Let's just say, I'm glad I asked! It's a terrific pan - really heavy and easy to use. My cake came out beautifully shaped, and it smelled delicious. One thing I learned, is that you really aren't supposed to sift the powdered sugar onto the cake, until you are ready to serve it, or it absorbs the sugar, and isn't as pretty. Oh well. Anyway, this cake is a really nice ending to a meal. It's light, moist, sweet (but not too sweet), and an excellent coffee companion. The hazelnut-chocolate swirl in the middle is beautiful, and adds that extra hint of nutty chocolate that you want in the center of a cake. This recipe is a keeper for sure - I will definitely be bringing it to special occasions.

Just out of the oven.

Cooling.


The inside.
Eating.
Clean plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment